Past Clinic: 2020 High Performance Swim Camp Series
Sat, Nov, 28 2020 - Sun, Nov, 29 2020
National Training Center
1935 Don Wickham Dr., Clermont, FL 34711
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Clermont, FL.
Dave & Mary Alper JCCInfo
Plantation Aquatic ComplexInfo
Two-Day Swim Camp – Sign up for one or SAVE by signing up for both sessions!
November 28: High Performance Butterfly Technique
November 29: High Performance Breaststroke Technique
This camp will strengthen your swimmer’s skills in the short axis strokes, allowing them to swim faster and more efficiently! Butterfly and Breaststroke are some of the most technical strokes in the sport of swimming. Give your swimmer the opportunity to learn from Elite Clinicians the technique require to swim fast! Saturday will cover butterfly. Sunday will focus on breaststroke.
Session sizes are limited to no more than 24 participants to ensure the highest level learning experience!
This clinic will be held by Olympian Elvis Burrows and Olympic Trials qualifier Marina Spadoni! Elvis and Marina will share the same drills and tips they used to become some of the fastest swimmers in the world. They are very knowledgeable and enthusiastic clinicians with the ability to relate with swimmers of all abilities. Scroll down to read more about the curriculum!
Session Times (Both Days):
11 & Under: Check in 7:30 AM, Clinic 7:45 AM-10:15 AM
12 & Over: Check in 10:45 AM, Clinic 11:00 AM-2:00 PM
Elvis and Marina will lead two sessions for each age group. This camp is not recommended for swimmers with less than 2 years of competitive swimming experience and swimmers younger than 9 years old are not recommended for these camps without your coach’s approval.
DAY 1 (SATURDAY): HIGH PERFORMANCE BUTTERFLY TECHNIQUE
Olympian Elvis Burrows and Olympic Trials qualifier Marina Spadoni will work with the participants to improve on the complexities of balancing power and fluid rhythm in one of the most dynamic athletic movements. Elite butterfliers maintain forward momentum by setting an immediate high catch with a perfectly timed kick. They are committed to a breathing pattern, perfecting their distance per stroke, and maintaining a horizontal body position - become committed to these same skills...make them YOUR habits.
- BODY POSITION: Elite butterfliers focus on driving their momentum forward with minimal drag by keeping their heads low and hips high. Participants will work with Elvis and Marina on establishing and maintaining the proper body position.
- KICK: Each butterfly stroke has two equally strong and well-timed kicks. Work on how and when to kick in butterfly for maximum speed.
- PULL: Long and smooth strokes will allow your swimmer to have a more efficient butterfly. Elvis and Marina will teach participants to get an early catch on the water for more power in each stroke.
- BREATH: The most common mistakes swimmers make in fly occur during the breath. Swimmers will work on low and efficient breaths as well as WHEN to breathe so that they can swim more efficiently on the breath stroke.
DAY 2 (SUNDAY): HIGH PERFORMANCE BREASTSTROKE TECHNIQUE
More than any other stroke, breaststroke is the most varied. Out of the eight finalists at the Olympic Games you might see eight different styles of strokes! Without fail, your swimmer's timing and ability to eliminate resistance are both hallmarks of an efficient and powerful breaststroker. Your swimmer has the foundation, now learn from the expert how to utilize your core and hip drive to create a fluid and more forward driving stroke.
- BODY POSITION: The best swimmers in the world learn at a young age about the importance of being patient with their stroke and trusting their "glide position". Too many young swimmers rush their stroke, create "drag" (i.e. slow themselves down) and exhaust themselves. Elvis Burrows and Marina Spadoni will work with participants to maintain a better body position for a more efficient breaststroke.
- KICK: The three parts of the kick are hips, knees, and feet. Elvis and Marina will work with participants to kick with power from their hips while keeping their knees close and feet wide. The kick is about 80% of the power in breaststroke. Get more out of each kick for a faster breaststroke!
- PULL: Participants in this session will learn drills to encourage them to keep their hands and elbows high on the water throughout the entire pull, thereby minimizing resistance and maintaining speed.
- TIMING: A fast breaststroke is all about the rhythm! The proper timing will make your stroke fast, smooth and less taxing on your body. Learn how Elvis and Marina time their breaststroke for ultimate efficiency.
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask Elvis and Marina questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIANS
Observe Elvis and Marina swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to top speed with some of the best swimmers in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo with Elvis and Marina, get autographs, and ALL PARTICIPANTS receive a FREE Fitter and Faster Collector’s Bag Tag for each day they are at the camp. Collect all 37 and trade with your friends!