Past Clinic: 2019 Swim Camp Series
Sun, Sep, 15 2019
2800 Kettering Drive, Waterford, MI 48329
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Waterford, MI.
Bethel Park High SchoolInfo
Pine-Richland Senior High SchoolInfo
Hagerty Family Events CenterInfo
Crown Point High SchoolInfo
Eisenhower Middle-High SchoolInfo
Northview High SchoolInfo
Hobart High SchoolInfo
Columbus School for GirlsInfo
Twinsburg Fitness CenterInfo
Valparaiso High SchoolInfo
Lyons Township High School SouthInfo
2019 Swim Camp Series (Waterford, MI) – Have your swimmers stroke filmed and analyzed
So far, participants from across the state have attended this swim camp series. It is designed for competitive swimmers to refine their technique and racing skills in all 4 strokes heading into the short course season. The final clinic and last remaining session in this series will allow swimmers to be professionally filmed above and below water and have that video analyzed by a U.S. Olympic Coach!
- September 15: Elite Video Filming and Analysis by Olympic Coach Todd Schmitz
Scroll down for more details on the curriculum!
Swimmers are all ages and abilities are encouraged to sign up for video filming and analysis.
SAVE: Sign up before prices increase or the sessions fill up!
September 15th: Elite Video Series and Analysis
Have your swimmer’s stroke professionally filmed SIMULTANEOUSLY above and below water at strategic angles! THEN, have that video analyzed with voice over and graphics on the actually video by Olympic Coach Todd Schmitz. Schmitz has coached six swimmers to Olympic teams - including Olympic superstar Missy Franklin from the time she was 9-years old though the 2012 and 2016 Olympics. Registrants can have one, two or save by having ALL FOUR strokes analyzed! Each participant will also receive one free month of Swim Videos on Demand!
- IMPROVE YOUR STROKE AND GET FASTER: Do you want to know why swimmers times began dropping so drastically in the early 2000s and continuing through today? The answer is video analysis! Since so much of the stroke happens below water – it is incredibly important to see what’s going on below the surface! Swimmers in recent years have been able to analyze their stroke with coaches to make technical changes that make them more efficient. This is your opportunity to get beautiful footage of your stroke and get analysis from one of the top coaches in the world... and review at home with your coach.
- REGISTRATION: When you register, please indicate a preference for the morning or afternoon filming session. Participants will receive an e-mail a week before the filming session with the specific time for your swimmer to check in, warm up, and be filmed. Please retain the order number - this is how swimmers will be identified on that schedule.
- FILMING: Our camera operator will have each swimmer swim two 25s at a strong pace of each stroke purchased (1 or 4). The filming of each stroke should take a little less than three minutes. The video will capture a side angle and a front angle simultaneously below and above water to get an accurate view of your swimmer's technique.
- ANALYSIS: Todd Schmitz will use a video analysis application to record his thoughts on each video. Swimmers can expect him to use slow motion, pause the video at specific points, and draw on their video all while talking to explain where each swimmer can improve their technique. Each stroke will have 5 to 7 minutes of expert commentary that you can review with your coaches at home!
- RECOMMENDATIONS: Todd will make recommendations for drills to correct the technique of each swimmer. He will assign specific drill videos in Swim Videos on Demand that he suggests the swimmer practice to improve. Each participant is getting a free month of Swim Videos on Demand to use to make their necessary stroke corrections.
- TIMELINE: All videos will be analyzed and returned within 21 days of the clinic. The analyzed videos along with the original video will be sent via email.
- EXAMPLE: See the example video below to see the quality of the video and an example of the analysis.