Open Water Swim Clinic for adults!
Sat, Jun, 04 2022 - Sun, Jun, 05 2022
Paul Stock Aquatic & Recreation Center
1402 Heart Mountain St, Cody, WY 82414
Fitter & Faster is producing an Open Water Swim Clinic for adults only in Cody, WY on June 4th, 2022.
OPEN WATER TACTICS FOR SWIMMERS 18 & OLDER – (Check in 2:45 PM, Camp 3-5:30 PM)
-> Pack Dynamics
-> Race Practice
Scroll down for more details on the curriculum! Session sizes are limited to no more than 24 participants to ensure the highest level learning experience!
THIS SWIM CAMP IS SPECIFICALLY FOR SWIMMERS 18 & OLDER! Swimmer’s ages 18 & Under are not invited to this camp.
OPEN WATER SWIMMING TACTICS - June 4th, 2022
Open Water Swimming is becoming a really popular sport! At this swim camp, participants will learn and practice essential skills for successful open water swimming and training for those races in pools!
- PACK DYNAMICS: How you “position yourself” within the pack is important for racing efficiently; conserving energy; and being in a position to make your move and surge ahead of your competitors. In this segment we are going to work with you on drafting, swimming in a group and turning around a buoy.
- SIGHTING: We are going to practice the techniques of sighting and strategies of where you look to ensure you are going in the right direction!
- STRATEGY: Knowing how to pace, along with knowing when and how to make a move is important! Slower swimmers can often win races by having a stronger and smarter strategy!
- FEEDING: We will review what to eat and drink. When to eat and drink. How to “get it in” as quickly as possible! For example, gel packs in your suit, feeding station techniques and strategy.
- RACE PRACTICE: Swim with a group of similar skill athletes and practice being dynamic within a pack and maneuvering around others.
Gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIANS
Observe clinicians swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to your top speed with some of the best swimmers and coaches in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.