Past Clinic: Water Polo Skills Camp
Sun, Aug, 25 2019
New Trier Township High School Northfield
7 North Happ Road, Northfield, IL 60093
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Northfield, IL.
John Glenn High SchoolInfo
New Trier High School - NorthfieldInfo
Normal West High SchoolInfo
One-Day Water Polo Skills Camp – Sign up before prices increase!
Refine your water polo skills with one of the best players in the world! Participants will learn tactics and fundamentals to fine tune their skills and become a better player. This clinic covers all aspects of the game from warm up to the game winning shot on goal including passing, shooting, and position specific skills.
This clinic will be led by Olympic water polo player Merrill Moses! Merrill was the starting goalkeeper for Team USA at three Olympic Games and is excited to share his love of the game with the next generation of players. Scroll down for more details on the curriculum.
14 & Under: Check in 9:00 AM, Clinic 9:30 AM-12:00 PM
15 & Over: Check in 1:00 PM, Clinic 1:30 PM-4:30 PM
SAVE: Sign up before prices increase or the sessions fill up.
Merrill will be in the water leading two sessions – one for each age group. OPEN TO ANY AND ALL BOYS AND GIRLS
WATER POLO SKILL DEVELOPMENT
- WARM UP: Players will learn key drills to help warm up and have the proper body position when going in and out over the hips shot blocking. Your player will also learn the importance of going from the horizontal to the vertical position in the water.
- PASSING: Passing is one of the most important parts of the game that is unfortunately overlooked too often. Coach Moses will present a variety of passing drills that will help players execute in game situations.
- SHOOTING: Participants will go over a variety of different shots that they can use in game situations. During a normal practice, players often don’t get to work on a variety of shots for a long period of time, so this will give participants a lot of opportunities to practice different shots. Then take these shots home and practice what was learned!
- SKILL STATIONS: Coach Moses will be leading drills to break down different parts of the game. The younger age group will focus on counter attack, driving, and posting up. The older age group will cover 6 on 5 and 5 on 6 scenarios.
- GOALIES: Learn tactics and fundamentals to become a successful goalkeeper with in water training with Coach Moses. Participants will be able to use and practice these skills immediately during the clinic to help block and control more balls that are shot on goal.
- FIVE METER PENALTY SHOT ON MERRILL MOSES: All campers will have the chance to get one shot on goal with Merrill - SCORE!
Players and parents are invited to ask Merrill questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into his training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIAN
Observe Merrill in the water demonstrating a progression of perfectly executed drills.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Players will get to practice what they've learned by learning from one of the best players in the world! They'll work on applying those skills in game time scenarios.
Take a photo with Merrill, get autographs, and a gift from our sponsors!