Coral Springs, FL
Fundamentals of Fast and Powerful Breaststroke and Butterfly
Sat, Aug, 29 2015
Coral Springs, FL
2012 Olympian Cammile Adams and National Team member Brad Craig will lead swimmers in drills to improve technique for breaststroke and butterfly. Butterfly and breaststroke require many of the same fundamentals and stroke components. Adams and Craig will teach swimmers skills and how they apply them to their stroke during all stages. Participants will leave this clinic with knowledge that can be used in the water as well on land to become a more well-rounded athlete.
Custom Curriuclum - Foundations of Fast and Powerful Butterfly and Breaststroke, Coral Springs, FL
- FOREHEAD LEAD: Keeping the head still and straight sightline down the pool will lead to faster breaststroke. Craig focuses on a “forehead lead” breaststroke that allows the body to stay low to the water and keep momentum moving forward.
- KICK TIMING: The kick in breaststroke should be used to help drive the arms forward into the streamline position of the glide. Perform drills that when used will time the kick while the arms are shooting forward – allowing the body to ride the line through the pool
- CONSTANT MOVEMENT DURING INSWEEP: The insweep of the stroke should be a fluid and powerful motion. Learn and practice techniques that keep the hands moving while in front of the chest removing any pause in the stroke.
WATCH THE CLINICIANS: Observe Adams and Craig swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast butterfly and breaststroke.
GET UP AND RACE: Race two of the best swimmers in the world and watch their near-flawless technique - achieved by practicing the same drills they will teach you.
HEAR FROM CAMMILE AND BRAD
- BODY AWARENESS: Practice key techniques on land that will directly transfer to the water. Find the optimal body line and learn to strengthen the muscles that are essential to establishing good body control.
- BREASTSTROKE FLEXIBILITY: Learn a variety of exercises that will keep the core breaststroke muscles flexibile to allow for a greater range of motion and increased efficiency.
- ASK QUESTIONS: Swimmers and parents are invited to ask the clinicians questions during a Q&A session. Hear the clinicians talk and gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
- WHAT ARE THEY THINKING: Get inside the minds of two of the best swimmers in the world. Adams and Craig will dissect their stroke and explain what they think about when they swim in practices and races.
Take a photo while wearing clinicians' medals, get autographs, and pick up a full color Fitter & Faster Tour 2015-2016 Yearbook and a special welcome bag that contains gifts from our sponsors!
Inquisitive, Educated Swimmers are Faster Swimmers! Sign up before tickets sell out.
Each FFT clinic is designed to focus on the unique strengths and experiences of the clinicians at that specific clinic. That's why participants have been to three, four or five and more FFT clinics throughout the country.