Interactive, Online Dryland Program
Past Clinic: Athletic Performance and Strength Training for Swimmers: Ages 13 & 14 (4)
Wed, Apr, 29 2020 - Sat, May, 23 2020
Interactive, Online Dryland Program
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Interactive, Online Dryland Program.
Small Session Strength Training for Swimmers – Save by signing up for the full four-week program!
*** This online program is designed specifically for only 12 swimmers ages 13 & 14
Receive feedback and improve your strength with this dry-land program! Participants in this program will work with an extremely accomplished strength and conditioning trainer who has worked with many elite athletes to build more strength, improve athleticism, and prevent injury.
Swimmers who complete this program can expect to walk away stronger and more athletic swimmers ready to race fast once they’re back in the water.
Each week will have a different focus along with building strength:
- Week 1: Core Stability and Strength
- Week 2: Explosive Power and Strength
- Week 3: Endurance and Strength
- Week 4: Athleticism, Coordination and Strength
This program will include:
- 8 workouts – 2 each week
- 12 participants maximum
- Each class is one hour long
- Specific for swimmers ages 13 & 14
- Participants will be given suggestions for extra conditioning to do on the days that there is no live online class
- Re-watch your class. Every class will be recorded and sent to participants so you can listen to Lee’s tips, advice and instructions over again.
- Schedule: Every Wednesday & Saturday from 4-5 PM EST for 4 Weeks (April 29-May 23)
Each class will be designed and led by Strength and Conditioning and 20 year industry veteran Coach Atiba Wade. As a swimmer he was a 2-time Olympic Trials Qualifier and NCAA All-American. He now works with swimmers around the country to improve teaching swimmer specific and athletically focused exercises that meet the demands of a competitive aquatic environment.
Sign up for one week or SAVE by signing up for the whole 4 week, 8 session program!
Swimmers ages 13 & 14 should sign up for this program. No equipment necessary – light weights may be added and are optional.
4 WEEK DRYLAND PROGRAM FOR SWIMMERS
Each week, this dryland program will emphasize 4 key areas of strength training for swimmers. Swimmers can expect an intense workout that will target the specific muscles required to swim fast. Participants will develop a deeper understanding of age and swimming specific exercises to become a more well rounded athlete. Coach Atiba will be able to see all of the participants and provide valuable instruction and feedback throughout the class. At the end of the 4 week program, swimmers will feel stronger, be stronger and have a deeper understanding of the value of applying proper technique when exercising!
- Week 1 - Core Stability and Strength: This week's workouts will focus on the abdominal muscles, back, and obliques - otherwise known as the CORE! A strong core is imperative to swim with a fast and connected stroke. The fastest swimmers in the world work endlessly on building core strength, balance, and stability. It's the foundation of every stroke, start, and turn. Practice and improve upon the key exercises that elite swimmers do their entire careers to build these key muscles and skills.
- Week 2 - Explosive Power and Strength: Create dynamic power to explode off every start and turn! The workouts this week will be all about jumps and powerful quick movements to develop the fast twitch muscles. These exercises are so important to build faster reaction times for more speed during key points in every race.
- Week 3 - Endurance and Strength: Your swimmer will push themselves to their limits this week with longer rep counts and holds. This workout is not only important for the physical demands of longer workouts and races, but also for the mental component learning how to push through fatigue. Working on endurance is important no matter what distance your swimmer prefers and can help with every event.
- Week 4 - Athleticism, Coordination, and Strength: Better athletes on land will lead to better athletes in the water. This week, Coach Atiba will work with swimmers to practice dynamic and compound movements to build athleticism and coordination. Your swimmer will challenge their brain while challenging their body by practicing movements that develop very specific and important connections in your swimmer's brain.